Is my mom emotionally abusive? What’s wrong with her?

My mom and I get into arguments almost every day at this point (I’m 15 and she’s 45)) She always throws minor digs at me, and when I respond in a rightfully upset way, she’ll try to undo what she said and make it seem like I’m being irrational. Today, I talked to her about joining the debate team in school, and I... show more My mom and I get into arguments almost every day at this point (I’m 15 and she’s 45)) She always throws minor digs at me, and when I respond in a rightfully upset way, she’ll try to undo what she said and make it seem like I’m being irrational.

Today, I talked to her about joining the debate team in school, and I said I ultimately would not join because I heard the members were condescending and rude. She said “You’re right, you’d probably curse them out or have an outburst at them”. Of course, I was offended and she said “Well that’s what you usually do.”. She then proceeded to say how I have outbursts with her (aka our arguments in which both sides get aggravated). I got upset and she said “see? You’re doing it right now. I don’t know why you’re offended, I’m jusr saying these kids are probably rude and you wouldn’t deal with it well”. She tried to diminish the effect of her insults to make me seem like I had an irrational overreaction. After the argument escalated, she said “Sometimes I really feel like asking the doctor if you’re ok.” This is another dig she likes to throw around, as she always suggests that I’m bipolar whenever we argue. She’ll sometimes use it as a derogatory insult, and then other times she’ll act concerned and say “I want to help you”. It’s exhausting, especially because I’m not bipolar. I used to be depressed so I know mental disorders aren’t a joke. She should know too.