promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Creationists, how do you explain the fact that virtually all humans have between two to four percent of Neanderthal genes in their genomes?

EXCEPT for African Blacks?, They do not have ANY Neanderthal genes.

Update:

See my answer, currently on the next page, for an image showing the difference between human

Update 2:

and Neanderthals.

Update 3:

tentofield, it is Sub-Saharan African Blacks. I should have been more specific. North African peoples are a mixture of different races, and all fully African black races are sub-Saharan..

Update 4:

One other point. Some of the sub-Saharan non-African peoples can have some subsets of Neanderthal genes that are different from other subsets in other non-African peoplles. It has been determined that all of those various subsets of Neanderthal DNA, if taken together, result in perhaps up to 70 percent of the Neanderthal genome spread out in that population of peoples.

Update 5:

Here is a PBS program series of two episodes that provides much of the information on the subject.

https://www.pbs.org/show/neanderthal/

Update 6:

Publius, learn some history, REAL history (not Mormon fiction). When modern humans left Africa tens of thousands of years ago, they interbred with Neanderthals they met in Europe and West Asia, and then spread to the rest of the world, including the Americas, where they (not the fictional Israelite family of Lehi) became the Native Americans, who also have Neanderthal DNA.

And why do you keep answering my postings when you have me blocked from yours?

Update 7:

Tristen, despite having one of the longest answers, you haven’t answered my question. Why don’t the sub-Saharan Blacks have Neanderthal DNA?

Hmmm! Let’s see. There’s the (mythical) story of Noah’s family and the flood.

How do we fit the Neanderthals into that? Particularly since both the fossil evidence AND the genetic evidence indicates that the common ancestor of humans and Neanderthals lived around 500,000 years ago and branched out and evolved separately into those two forms,

Update 8:

which did not meet up until some tens of thousands of years ago after modern humans left Africa and entered Eurasia.

Update 9:

The point is that the analysis of DNA recovered from Neanderthal bones during the past dozen years confirmed the conclusions made from the fossil finds during the past century concerning the evolution and migrations of both Neanderthsls and modern humans. Modern humans evolved in Africa. Neanderthals evolved in Eurasia following the arrival there of some members of the population of the common ancestor around 500,000 years ago.

Update 10:

There were no Neanderthals in Africa. That is why sub-Saharan Blacks do not have Nesnderthal genes.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

They can't account for it so they make up stuff out of thin air

• ...Show all comments
    • MARK
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Marcus could you please tell us why you would come on to a public forum and demonstrate such ignorance.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • JASON
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

What I want to know is, why they say we came out of Africa however many millions of years ago and came across the Neanderthals. When did they leave Africa?

• 1 year ago

They are just another type of human. Surely they will be in some DNA. Color isn't a factir

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Note that the Neander Thal (Neander Valley) after which those humans were named is in present-day Germany.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Obviously the Neanderthals lived in Europe, dear one. Is that clear enough for you?

• 1 year ago

-Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon — it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.-Scott D. Weitzenhoffer

• 1 year ago

God said early humans did indeed mix with them before the Neanderthals died out. Even science reports, though, that natural selection seems to be disfavoring Neanderthal genes.

• ...Show all comments
    • MARK
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

That is interesting. Can you cite the book, chapter and verse, or perhaps you are hearing voices.

• 1 year ago

That's simply poppycock. I would like to interview, or film, or at least get a picture of an alleged creature that is said to be a Neanderthal. I can't find one anywhere.

• ...Show all comments
    • ?
      Lv 4
      1 year agoReport

2) God is a deceptive liar that planted false evidence, "kluged" our experiments, allows researchers using evolution principles to succeed, while making Creationist researchers remarkably unsuccessful.

• 1 year ago

It isn't just "African blacks". It is all Africans whatever their skin colour might be. Neandertals evolved in Europe and Asia from Homo heidelbergensis; H. sapiens evolved in Africa, also from H. heidelbergensis. H. sapiens moved out of Africa into southwest Asia about 100,000 years ago and there they would have met H. neanderthalis and some cross species mating occurred. It is likely that male offspring from such unions were infertile while the females were fertile as often happens with interbreeding between closely related species. As a result most people in Europe and much of Asia have some Neandertal DNA but as Neandertals were never in Africa, Africans do not have it. Eastern Asians, Australians and Pacific Islanders have Denisovan DNA and a recent skeleton has been found with a Neandertal father and a Denisovan mother

• 1 year ago

Wrong Group. Try Anthropology.

• Hindusufi
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

It's a question directed at creationist. That makes this the correct category.

• Ray J
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

I learned that myself just last night. That fact does not in itself refute creationism, only young earth literal bible creationism.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.