Why is the Railways in USA poorer than that in India?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

The same reason the roads in India are poorer than in the USA. India has the largest rail network in the world, and it is well-run (but not quite as good as Japan) because that is the primary means of long distance travel.

There are 200 MILLION more cars in America than India, and the car/coach is the preferred mode of transport for a country rich in oil.

• 1 year ago

Because they are not. American rail is much better overall operation. Best way to tell this is how much money it makes.

• Dale-E
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

India's Railways are subsidized and managed by the government as a public service.

In the USA the Railways are mostly operated for profit, which means, they have to pay for themselves.

• 1 year ago

Less use. Nearly every adult in the USA has a car, so they are not willing to spend much on railroads.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Cars, gasoline, and oil sales generate a lot more profit.

• 1 year ago

i have travelled through 36 states ..a few of them were by train ...i have also travelled india ..i went round it by train ....its fake news your trying to spread ...indian trains are hell ...cant see out of windows ..the carriages smell of curry ...every one of them ...every station has sewerage higher than the track that people walk through ...rats are everywhere ...you need to get out more

• 1 year ago

Because the road transport prevails the the railway transport in the USA.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Because the Republican US government has fighter jets and aircraft carriers to build.

• Trump 2020
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

I'm going to assume you're joking. NO ONE on earth could be that stupid.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Because liberals in the USA waste money on worthless corrupt programs instead of infrastructure.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Average white IQ 100

Average Indian IQ 82

• Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

That leaves you way under the curve

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.