Spending big money on stocks?

If I spend $30,000 and got a profit of $2,000 is that worth it are people really spending $30,000 at a time. Or even getting $7,000 back.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

That's not how investing works, you invest the $30,000 in a diverse portfolio of investments then keep adding regularly to them until they grow to enough to met your financial goals.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Are you really asking if "getting profit back" is worth it? lol, compare that to keeping in the bank. By the way 30K is not "big money".

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

First off, $30,000 is NOT big bucks. Add a couple of zeros and it may be. And the rest of your question doesn't make any sense.

• 2 years ago

Last year I made about $10,000 like that. This year I'm not getting shight because of tRump effing up the economy. Buy a $30k certificate of deposit for as long a period as you can afford. They're offering about 3% now. That won't get you $10k, but there is no risk on what you invest that way. Stocks are all risk. Trade wars are easy to win as losing economic battles.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

A profit of $2000 over what period of time? Over a month, heck yes, it's worth it. Over 50 years? Then, no, it's not worth it.

And you're not spending money in the traditional sense. You are investing it. It may go up in value and it may go down. You need to learn a lot more about investing in general and the stock market in particular before you buy any stocks.

• 2 years ago

Many are spending that much -- and many of them are losing money.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Well, it's all up to you if it's worth it or not. People are spending way more than $30,000 and way less. Every profit is good, no matter how big or small it is. Just remember that you might as well lose money on stocks...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.