What to say when quitting a nanny job?

I don't want to go into too much detail but I feel like I have not bonded with the kids at all and it's been almost 4 months. The 5 year old has been violent towards me and called me names. She was upset about her nana moving away and she's adjusting to kindergarten. The parents know about her behavior... show more I don't want to go into too much detail but I feel like I have not bonded with the kids at all and it's been almost 4 months. The 5 year old has been violent towards me and called me names. She was upset about her nana moving away and she's adjusting to kindergarten. The parents know about her behavior and no matter how many talks we all had with her, nothing changed. Then they asked the grandmother to move back. That made things better but nana can't stay all year. I know when she leaves, the 5 year old will be upset and things will go back to how they were. The 12 year old doesn't give me major problems but she treats me like I'm "the help". I've also consistently been getting paid late and I'm making just above minimum wage. I use my own car for this job (driving kids to and from school) and it's getting tough to afford my insurance & gas.

I'm 20 and this is my first nanny job. I feel like Im just not good at handling these situations and the children aren't befitting from me being here. I probably sound stupid because I'm an adult and I should be able to handle it, but this is taking a toll on my mental health and I want to put my two weeks notice in. The 5 year old really hates me and it makes me upset that I haven't been able to get through to her and create a bond. I know the mom is going to be mad when I tell her I'm quitting. I don't even know how to start the conversation. I'm extremely bad at confrontation
Update: I understand that I basically am "the help" but when I said that I meant there's specific situations where she's been inconsiderate when I know she knows better