Why is it when someone hates homosexuals, they immediately are called "homophobic"? When it has absolutely nothing to do with being afraid?

of homosexuals. It doesn't make any sense to me

8 Answers

Relevance
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It was the only word we came up with. Is gay hate better for you?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

Phobic in the botanic sense of avoidance.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

'Homophobia' (by proper definition), is the irrational fear of sameness.

'Homosexual-phobia' would be an irrational fear of homosexuals or homosexuality.

Like most 'progressive' terms, it is pure nonsense.

The idea that courageously opposing self-destructive or deadly sexual behaviors is 'hatred' is also directly contrary to both reason and the longstanding definitions for 'hate' and 'love' as presented in the Holy Bible.

"He who withholds his rod hates his son,

But he who loves him disciplines him diligently." (Proverbs 13:24).

"...and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons,

“MY SON, DO NOT REGARD LIGHTLY THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD,

NOR FAINT WHEN YOU ARE REPROVED BY HIM;

FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES,

AND HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES.”

It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons." (Hebrews 12:5-8).

‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.' (Revelation 3:19).

The cowardly 'tolerance' of destructive behaviors and the willingness to let people endure damage and demise is GOD's definition of 'hate,' not 'love.' GOD directly links this hate to cowardice, so the term 'homophobia' is just a projection of that cowardice onto others who are actually the courageous and loving people trying to guide them to deliverance through Christ through His powerful new interpretations for all human drives, (1 Corinthians 10:13).

• Sasha Whitefur
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

You've never been a victim, of it have you?

• 1 year ago

Yes it is, They are afraid of being homosexual, therefore they pretend they are not attracted to the same sex.

• Sasha Whitefur
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Which is where transphobia comes from, it's a subset of homophobia.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

You don't have a clear understanding of what a phobia is.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I don't fear homosexuals but I am repulsed by them especially the ones who do all that horrible stuff with poo and bottoms etc.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

The word 'phobic' means either having or involving an extreme and irrational fear of something OR having an extreme and irrational aversion to something.

When someone hates homosexuals it's referring to the latter definition.

Ignorance of the meaning of a word has caused this misconception.

Maybe you should try using a dictionary.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

The only reason why this happens is ignorance of the word "homophobic".

Some people try to use this reasoning, but it only proves their ignorance of the English language.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.