I wrote a story, do I have chances to make it into a Hollywood film, if I'm not well known?

For instance, I'll write a script on it - and I'll have it reviewed. The idea is that initially I planned to write a book - but my dream is to have a movie on it. Is it theoretically possible to get it read by a Hollywood director? It is a mystery/crime/thriller and, damn it, I have an analytical thinking,... show more For instance, I'll write a script on it - and I'll have it reviewed. The idea is that initially I planned to write a book - but my dream is to have a movie on it. Is it theoretically possible to get it read by a Hollywood director? It is a mystery/crime/thriller and, damn it, I have an analytical thinking, I think it would be a good one (and not because it was me who wrote it).

Ideally, if I could work along the director for making the movie, my dream would become reality. I think that's how J. K. Rowling did, right? Her books are a lot better than mine, I think - different genre at least, and they became popular before the movies. But I'll never lose hope, and I wish someone of you could give me some advice.