promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

What if I wanted a small nuclear rocket for personal use. Can I get a permit with the ATF?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The M-28 /M-29 Davy Crockett system is the only such device you describe. 2100 were made, all are accounted for, all remaining units have been demilitarized.

ATF aside, you are out of luck .

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

The government agency that would be down your neck first is the NRC!

To get a license for nuclear (weapons grade) radioactive material is not easy (or cheap).

A rocket is not a "fire arm". The other agency you would have to deal with is the FAA, which has jurisdiction on things that fly like rockets. They no doubt would require engineering drawings and a lot of tests. Also kind of expensive.

Also a permit (this time from the ATF) for explosives would be required. Nuclear warheads don't go off with out them.

So if you were willing to invest a couple of billion dollars into the program maybe it would be possible to have one. But some how I think this is beyond your cash reserve limits.

• 2 years ago

You can pick one up anyplace and get a good price too.

• 2 years ago

Nuclear rockets aren't powered by nukes, they are conventional rockets with nuclear warheads on them. There's no way you could afford the equipment to enrich the raw nuclear material to make a nuclear warhead to put on the rocket you can't afford.

So it's moot

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

That kind of goes beyond "right to bear arms" to an extinction event.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Why make a moron of yourself? Home alone on Saturday night, what a surprise.

• 2 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.