Is it acceptable to kiss a friend on the cheek?

I have a female friend that I am crushing on. (we have been friends for a little more than year) I have decided that I want to try and show her that I like her. (more than friends). Would this be acceptable to do?

As a clarification, I would ensure that I got her consent (some of you seem to think that I would just steal the kiss, which is ABSOLUTELY WRONG of course). My plan was to lean in towards her cheek slowly like I wanted to kiss her there and see if she backs away or allows me. That or just plain ask her. Again, I do believe that "Consent is Sexy"

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Well just be careful, and make sure that she feels the same as you.. because some women just only wants a guy as a friend, someone she can trust and be herself because once you become “lovers” things get a little more difficult

• 1 year ago

Yes it is!! but do make sure that she does consent at that moment. maybe ask her when you are alone together and there is a silent moment. dont just do it randomly while you're talking

• 1 year ago

Nope. I dont kiss my friends on the cheek. I think any kind of affection unless its family while in a relationship is rude and disrespectful.

• 1 year ago

Yes it is acceptable

1 year ago

Kiss her on lips and put your hand on her snatch while you doing it. She'll get the idea.

• Women like a man with alot of self confidence. You clearly have very little. Have you thought about being gay?

1 year ago

Of course it is acceptable if your girlfriend feels the same way

• I don't understand people touching someone who clearly does not want to be touched,who does not give any of you permission to touch them-you're sick and disgusting, go crawl under a rock and stay there

• John1 year agoReport

so.... I exceeded the character limit and could not add this but, but I was not just going to steal the kiss. More so, Lean in towards her and see if she reciprocates and allows me to (I assume by showing off her cheek to me or similar). I am not an animal and always want a girls consent.

1 year ago

No. Keep your hands and everything else to yourself. She may not feel the same way. You could be cruising for a bruising.

• Mark
    1 year ago

You have to pick the right moment.

1 year ago

Yes, but only if you kiss her while cupping her breast gently in your left hand and stroking her pubic hair with your right.

• John1 year agoReport

I will not be doing that since I don't want to violate her personal space in that manner. I'm just crushing on her and I want to express that I like her and want to be more than friends by kissing her cheek (with her consent of course)