Question for those that own both gas and hybrid cars. Do hybrids really save you money?

I am thinking of buying a hybrid for my daily commuter car for work. I know the gas savings make up for the higher price tag normally in a few years if you take care of them. But insurace and maintanance never seem to be considered when compairing savings. Insurance premiums are higher because of more expensive... show more I am thinking of buying a hybrid for my daily commuter car for work. I know the gas savings make up for the higher price tag normally in a few years if you take care of them. But insurace and maintanance never seem to be considered when compairing savings. Insurance premiums are higher because of more expensive parts and the need for more skilled mechanics. And maintance would cost more since parts cost more. And if something breaks down while out of warranty (battery, transmission, engine) then that will cost more too than a gas counterpart would. So do you really save any money with a Hybrid in the long run like they claim you will?