Do other guys fantasize about marriage?

I'm a straight single guy, 22 years old. I'm single right now and I'm not currently seeking a girl but I do fantasize about marriage and family in the future. Such a fantasy of a Male in today's time doesn't sound normal to me. Any other straight guys around my age fantasize about marriage and/or a future family or am I the only one? Thanks.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I think that's just sweet, more guys should do this if they aren't already.

• 1 year ago

I think guys like gals idealize marriage thinking that while there will be problems, it'll be great. And for a while it is. But a number people become disillusioned about romance, love and marriage after being married for a while. It's not for everyone. Dating can be thrilling like a trip to Hawaii. Marriage is like moving to Hawaii and saying you're going to live there the rest of your life. After 5,10, 20 or so years living there might not be so great after all. But for some, it's the best move they ever made.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Quite normal- especially if you were raised in a traditional 2 parent family and around other stable relationships, where a marriage was considered a vital part of their life. So it gets to be ingrained in us as kids to do what we see around us. In today's western world we do see fewer people getting married at an earlier age, if at all, and much fewer long term relationships. But I think that is primarily because the sexual revolution of the 60s and 70s is now the norm, and sex outside of marriage is no longer looked down on. When I was growing up in the 70s it was assumed everyone would get out of high school, get a job or go to college, and of course get married soon. Just the way it was done. Those who did not get married by 25 were looked at as being maybe gay or otherwise strange. Today the average age to marry is way older than 20. But yeah, you are normal, it is normal to want to have a wife and have kids if you grew up around kids and enjoy them. I know some younger people today who grew up without many other kids in the family, and they frankly don't have any interest in kids. See them as a pain to deal with. That may be the millennial attitude of focusing on oneself and not others.

• 1 year ago

of course people fantasize about it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Of course guys fantasize about getting married. I don't know if very many beat off while fantasizing about it, but......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.