Rural Americans: What terms of address do rednecks and hillbillies use when addressing each other or other people?

Hi. I am doing some research on American redneck and hillbilly culture for a project. What terms of address do do rednecks and hillbillies use when addressing each other or other people? By definition, a term of address is a word or phrase used to address or refer to someone or something without using his, her,... show more Hi. I am doing some research on American redneck and hillbilly culture for a project.

What terms of address do do rednecks and hillbillies use when addressing each other or other people?

By definition, a term of address is a word or phrase used to address or refer to someone or something without using his, her, or its name.

In urban areas, people usually call others "bud" or "buddy" or "pal" or "dude" or "bro" if they don't know someone's name, especially a stranger.

What's the redneck and hillbilly equivalent of these terms?

Do rednecks and hillbillies actually use terms like "pard" or "pardner" or "partner" when addressing strangers, or anyone whose name they don't know? I know these are southern terms and I would like to think they do.

Please help- thank you.
4 answers 4