Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

Why do most religious people deny Evolution?

Does it ruin their fairytales

65 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Because it’s a cult

• K. Orrez
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

The only 'it' in the question is evolution.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Most don't. It's just the very loud few creation nuts who spoil everything. They're idiotic bullies on a bender to make everyone as stupid as they are.

• 1 year agoReport

Yes, I would call people who think one of the gods of mythology or religion created the world. I'd laugh in their face. I don't care who they are.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I do not think that “most religious people” deny evolution. Many do, of course. But many religious people accept it. Conversely, many scientists deny evolution as well. And of those scientists that deny it, some are religious and some are not.

Scientists, while obtaining their doctorates, were being taught evolution while receiving their education. But interestingly, as they began to practice in their respective fields, some began to see serious issues with evolution being proffered as an explanation of the origin and development of life until some reached the point where they began to doubt, then reject. Their rejection is based on their further education and not any lack of it. Their rejection is based on understanding scientific discoveries rather than a failure to understand them.

In short, you have many in both camps – scientists of every academic flavor – religious and not religious – denying evolution. At the very least of it, many scientists recognize the very real issues with accepting evolution as an explanation. They no longer gloss lightly over the difficulties. Some people dismiss religious people who reject it as “uneducated and unable to understand.” On the other hand, those scientists who reject evolution are often dismissed as ‘not really scientists . . . as if the doctorates in their respective fields are just pieces of paper from grammar school graduation. Even here in responses to your question, people are dismissing religious folk as stupid, uneducated, retarded, part of a lunatic fringe, anti-science, and such. But ad hominem attacks are not persuasive, merely insulting, and very telling.

• Raja
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Nowadays certain scientific discoveries and the explanations they give have become like superstitions or foolish beliefs. Science must understand that the center of gravity of earth was made. It is not a natural one. The scientists hear the voices of the spirits even now inside their heads. It seems they say nothing about this phenomenon.

Spirits are separate elements. A human being is not a single spirit. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. A human being during his/her life time is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Most do not know anything about what evolution represents, therefore, as with all things they cannot understand they will lie and claim it is not true.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

And exactly which hole in your head did that opinion poop-out-of ???

• Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

So it doesn't ruin ur fairy tale...?

• 1 year ago

A lot of evolution teaching is contradictory and has no way to prove it.

It is true that there is a constant change within a species over many generations.

People believe what they read and hear.That goes for teachers too.A lot of it is no doubt not true.

The majority of us have no way of proving evolution or creation.If any at all have real proof.

• Space Wasp
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

First sentence: There is no way to prove evolution.

Second sentence: evolution is true.

Well done!

• 1 year ago

The sole basis for denying evolution is the denier's terror that it is true. Creationism is not a failure to understand; it is a refusal to understand. Evolution is for grownups.

• 1 year agoReport

"evolution" is satans religion.

• 1 year ago

I don't think evolution is a random process. If you think so, why?

• Space Wasp
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

Like STEVAN has said, evolution is not random.
      There are elements that are thought to be random, but even if their was evidence that this was not the case it would not alter the fact that life evolves.

• 1 year ago

My church has no fairy tales, dear one. A little more thought and respect, and you would have looked much more intelligent.

I don't deny it, but I see problems with atheistic evolutionary theory that have yet to be addressed. Evolution is not scientific. It cannot be duplicated.

But SOME people, yes, feel threatened by the assertions of evolutionists.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.