dear americans can you help me about your ancestry?

ancestry?

Dear Americans, is it true that most of the white americans have got german, irish and then english origins?

Why some americans of english and british origin identify themselves as americans at the census? Why they can't tell their english and british origins, the true americans are the native or it refers to the 13 american colonies so then the wasps?

Who are the wasps exactly?

Why it's done a difference between whites, hispanic and not hispanic? And american with spanish origin are thei white hispanic lotinos or europeans?

How many americans have origins from the 13 colonies?

How many americans have origin from the spanish non-meticulous colonizers?

How is decided the american origin map from the various states? For example if the majority of a state has got its own origin (for example german) the colour of the map is according to the majority of the state? I explain my self better: the majority of californians have german origins so is it blue in the map for the german origin=

Question similar to the previous one: an american with more origins decides its origin according to the ethnicity of its ancestors?

please answer all questions 10 point to the best answer

I know that you are americans I am talking about the origins of caucasians americans

• Dr. D
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

When you look at the ethnic origins of the citizens of the United States (Americans) we find:

49,206,934 Germans

41,284,752 Black or African Americans

35,523,082 Irish

31,789,483 Mexican

26,923,091 English

17,558,598 Italian

9,739,653 Polish

9,136,092 French

5,706,263 Scottish

5,102,858 Scotch-Irish

4,920,336 Native American Indian

4,810,511 Dutch

4,557,539 Norwegian

Also note: Large amounts of Americans are so mixed that they don't identify with any ethnic group.

(WASPS) means White Anglo-Saxon Protestants

For most Americans, where their grandparents or great grandparents came from is only important for genealogical purposes. My grandparents immigrated to the USA a hundred years ago or longer. They came from Sicily, and Mexico. I also have checked my DNA and I am 15% Native American, and 10% from the Middle-east.

My wife can trace some of her ancestors back to 1620 with the first colonists from England, however the vast majority of Americans cannot do that. Even so my wife also has grandparents that were born in Ireland and great-great-grandparents that were born in England.

The colors of the states have nothing to do with their ancestry at all. The colors are only done for some maps to make it easier to distinguish the various states. As you travel from one state to another the people all look the same as they do in other states. American is a mixture of cultures and races. While some people still claim that more can be done to make the races and ethnic groups more equal, the fact is the law tries to give everyone equal rights and opportunities - it doesn't promise equal results.

1 year ago

I am not the least bit interested in my ancestry. All I care about is what I am doing here and now, and preparing for Jesus' return. "Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 3:2, KJV). Even so, come, Lord Jesus!