What is the best way to move my new washing machine into my basement?

Just getting a brand new washing machine, first time for a new appliance, so I'm wanting to get it moved without a scratch. In my house, my doorway and stairway is 29 inches wide, only 1.5 inches wider than the washer. The stairs are extremely steep, hard to walk down and up even without carrying anything, ... show more Just getting a brand new washing machine, first time for a new appliance, so I'm wanting to get it moved without a scratch. In my house, my doorway and stairway is 29 inches wide, only 1.5 inches wider than the washer. The stairs are extremely steep, hard to walk down and up even without carrying anything, and there is a beam overhead halfway down that requires it be leaned as far back as possible.

I have heard of some type of methods of sliding them down the stairs, but have no idea how that's done. I own a regular dolly, but no appliance dolly
Update: I should add, there will be 2 people, paying someone is out of the question as it's costing me enough for the washer