Do Leopard Danio/Platy fish get on with Shrimp in coldwater tank? Also recommendation between Danio/Platy?

Hi all. I m setting up a coldwater tank and have been told I have a comfortable size for a group of Danio or Platy..... I have just seen coldwater shrimp for sale too. Would these mix? I ve always thought shrimp were tropical? I ve had tropical fish for years in the the past but now just want a small tank for my... show more Hi all.

I m setting up a coldwater tank and have been told I have a comfortable size for a group of Danio or Platy..... I have just seen coldwater shrimp for sale too. Would these mix? I ve always thought shrimp were tropical?

I ve had tropical fish for years in the the past but now just want a small tank for my little girl to have and admire..... Would people recommend a group of Danio or Platy? Ease of care and attractiveness/activity.

Many thanks