Electrical- GFCI outlet trips when load is on it.?

We had the garage completely rewired about 2 years ago. At the inlet wire, there is a shut off switch that leads to a GFCI. It seems the GFCI runs to all the outlets except my overhead outlet seems to be independent from it. Now, we never had any issues until just a few days ago. I went to put on an electric... show more We had the garage completely rewired about 2 years ago. At the inlet wire, there is a shut off switch that leads to a GFCI. It seems the GFCI runs to all the outlets except my overhead outlet seems to be independent from it.

Now, we never had any issues until just a few days ago. I went to put on an electric heater for a short period to warm up the garage a bit. As soon as I plugged it in, the GFCI reset. The weird thing is we have used an electric heater in the garage before on the same outlet without any issues. I unplugged the heater and reset the GFCI, and decided not to try the heater again.

I am not sure what caused the reset, but the main issue is that now I can't run any of my power tools without the GFCI tripping as it is upstream from all my outlets except my overhead. The freezer that is plugged into the GFCI does not cause it to trip (thankfully), and it seems like only my power tools. I went around the garage to each outlet with a radio today and tested each outlet, and none tripped it. But, then I took my chop saw to each one, and every time it tripped on all outlets including the GFCI itself, so I'm guessing a higher ampage load is causing a trip for some reason.

I am not sure what to look for, or what may be the issue. I intend to pull out each outlet to make sure there is no short at the outlets itself, but is there something else I should be checking for or concerned about? Any other info you can think of would be appreciated as well.
Update: Just got tester, GFCI tested fine. Checked all outlets, seen no sign of short. Did try something else . I had my wife hold the power button to the chop saw as I hit the reset on GFCI, and it worked, but if she let go and then re-pushed the button, it tripped again. Not sure if this is significant, but I am at a... show more Just got tester, GFCI tested fine. Checked all outlets, seen no sign of short. Did try something else . I had my wife hold the power button to the chop saw as I hit the reset on GFCI, and it worked, but if she let go and then re-pushed the button, it tripped again.

Not sure if this is significant, but I am at a loss for what else to check or what it could be. Got a new GFCI thinking it was 15A, but upon looking closer, the outlet says 20 Amp and 15A, so not sure which I should now purchase