Is it possible for a parent to get a teacher fired?

I am a teacher at a private school for students with disabilities. I am very passionate about what I do, and I enjoy working with the students. All the students have a one on one instructor with them. We work with a different student every day so the students can get to know us, and us them. The parents can come... show more I am a teacher at a private school for students with disabilities. I am very passionate about what I do, and I enjoy working with the students. All the students have a one on one instructor with them. We work with a different student every day so the students can get to know us, and us them. The parents can come in and observe at anytime. There is this one parent who is very anxious about her child, who observes almost every week. She is very particular about who works with her child, and how we work with her child. Today she had a meeting with our director about a list of complaints that she had. Her main complaint though, was me. And to be honest, I do not know why. I follow protocol, I am professional, I am doing everything that I am supposed to be doing. I was awarded teacher of the month in August. This is not the first time she has gotten a teacher let go from the school. She does not want me working with her child, she does not want me working at this school. She wants them to fire me. They are going to observe me tomorrow, and then make a decision.
8 answers 8