Do I say anything here? if so to whom?

My best friend and wife have a young daughter. They both have jobs and earn heaps but always spend it. Their young daughter was sent to a private school which the grandparents paid for (every term). My friends grandparents are retired and don't have much money. They are also very good friends of mine... show more My best friend and wife have a young daughter. They both have jobs and earn heaps but always spend it. Their young daughter was sent to a private school which the grandparents paid for (every term). My friends grandparents are retired and don't have much money. They are also very good friends of mine (independent of my friendship with my friend) - like parents to me and I talk to them a lot. They live in another state. After term 1 my friend changed the daughter to a public school (almost free), and got the rest of the year fees (about $25 000) refunded to themselves. They did not tell the grandparents that they changed school and continued to tell them she was still going to the public school. They have spent the money on fixing their car and buying clothes etc.. Should I say something to the grandparents that the daughter is not going to the school, and they have spent the money??
Update: * told grandparents still going to the PRIVATE school. sorry