Basement carpet has just a little water. Possibly just from rain?

I don’t think it’s much of a problem, just want opinions on what the community thinks it is and what to do. Our basement is basically another living room with a bathroom and bedroom. Nice basement actually. Anyway, there’s just a little dampness in the carpet in the bathroom. It’s right at the wall but the wall... show more I don’t think it’s much of a problem, just want opinions on what the community thinks it is and what to do. Our basement is basically another living room with a bathroom and bedroom. Nice basement actually. Anyway, there’s just a little dampness in the carpet in the bathroom. It’s right at the wall but the wall isn’t wet at all. I should add that we have our washer and dryer there and it’s damp where the washer is but could just be a coincidence.
Also I live in North Carolina and we’ve had a lot of rain recently, especially with two hurricanes within a month. I checked the crawl space and there is no dampness behind the adjacent area that’s damp and no pipes are leaking. I put towels down to dry the carpet and avoid mold. Thoughts on what it could be? And what to do?