What to do with stock that can't be sold on the market?

Update: Disclaimer: This question is unrealistic but I'm trying to get at a concept that I don't understand. Suppose I own a number of shares of stock ABC, could be any number, say enough that I own 10% of the company. I fully understand that makes me 10% owner, entitled to 10% of the company in value, debt,... show more Disclaimer: This question is unrealistic but I'm trying to get at a concept that I don't understand.

Suppose I own a number of shares of stock ABC, could be any number, say enough that I own 10% of the company. I fully understand that makes me 10% owner, entitled to 10% of the company in value, debt, assets, everything.

Now suppose that ABC sells to someone, or closes and sells their assets, or something such that it values $1 billion. So I'm entitled to $100 million.
Update 2: Now suppose that nobody is buying ABC on the market; unrealistic I know, but just suppose nobody is buying these shares. I can't sell them through a broker for whatever reason. My question: Where would I go to get my $100 million? Would I bring stock certificates somewhere? Is there an entity / clearinghouse... show more Now suppose that nobody is buying ABC on the market; unrealistic I know, but just suppose nobody is buying these shares. I can't sell them through a broker for whatever reason.

My question: Where would I go to get my $100 million? Would I bring stock certificates somewhere? Is there an entity / clearinghouse that ensures my rights as a shareholder are upheld?