My two dogs started fighting a while ago any way to get them to stop?

A few years ago my two oldest female dogs started fighting each other and since then they can’t see each other without them fighting. We keep them separated since then I’d love it if they could be together again but I have no idea what to do since I can’t even get them near each other without risking a fight.... show more A few years ago my two oldest female dogs started fighting each other and since then they can’t see each other without them fighting. We keep them separated since then I’d love it if they could be together again but I have no idea what to do since I can’t even get them near each other without risking a fight. They’ve gotten into really bad fights to the point where we could not get them off each other. This all started randomly when I was in the hospital for a couple of weeks they had never fought before then and I had to take one of them to the vet for a broken um... ankle? It healed fine but since then they can not be together and this was about 2 years ago or so. Is there any hope in trying something so that they could be together again or will we have to keep them separate for the rest of their life? Thanks