Question about babies eye color?

My eyes are brown. My boyfriend are eyes are blue and his mom had blue and his dad has brown. My dad has blues eyes and my mom has brown. What are the chances of our childrens eyes pf having blue eyes?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

50%

Your boyfriend will pass on the recessive blue, and you have both the dominant brown and recessive blue so it all matters on what you pass on!

• Ontou
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

50/50. I'm about to have a baby and my whole family has green or blue eyes and my husbands whole family has brown so I have the same odds. Cant wait to find out.

• Jahal
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

Who cares? Blue eyed are not special

• you weren't paying attention to Mandellian genetics in High School, were you?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Those saying 50/50 are relying on Punnett Squares, which were deemed incorrect years ago. We now know that genes from many generations past come into play. That means no one can tell you exact percentages.

• 1 year ago

While brown is dominant, because you have a recessive blue gene, your children have a chance of having blue eyes if you pass along your blue gene. Genetic odds are 50-50.

My husband and I both have brown eyes, with a recessive blue gene. One of our daughters has blue eyes, and one has brown eyes.

• 1 year ago

33%

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Are you doing some research to see if it will be obvious someone cheated?

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Slim.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.