Should I confront my manager for doing something dodgy when I’ve already resigned?

I recently resigned from my job and am one week into my four week notice period. I just discovered that they’re advertising my job as two full time roles, both with a higher salary than I’ve been getting. I’ve worked at the company for three years and have always worked super hard (which is proven by the fact they need two full time roles to cover my work!) so I’m feeling extremely hurt and unappreciated. I have a good relationship with my boss despite me not always agreeing with the way she treats others, and I was keen to leave gracefully and without rocking the boat, but this has really crossed the line for me and I don’t know if I should confront her about it. On one hand, there’s not really anything anyone can do to change the outcome, but on the other I also want her to know that she’s done the wrong thing and damaged a strong working relationship. What should I do?!

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

I know you're upset, but don't burn bridges.

Let it go.

• Jahal
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

You could always apply for your old job, and joke" So I had to quit in order to get a raise!"

Say nothing.Its not your business how a company hired after you leave. The employer has a right to change the job description, salary or whatever.

• 1 year ago

no don't bother

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

What you are proposing to talk to her about is none of your business. Move on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

You're gone, the previous job and its people are not your concern anymore.

• 1 year ago

Leave on good terms so you have glowing references. You're leaving, you gave notice. Don't do anything which could get you fired instead. But be very, very happy that you are moving on!

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Just leave it alone. You don't even know that come more duties aren't being added.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Keep your mouth shut. There's nothing to be gained by confronting your boss. You never know when you might need another recommendation from her.

• n2mama
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

I don't understand this. Unless the reason you chose to resign is because you wanted a pay increase and they told you no, then turned around and advertised the role at a higher salary, I'm not sure why you are taking this as such a personal insult. It isn't. It's not at all uncommon for an employer to determine that they need to post a position at a higher rate of pay that they were paying the previous employee to attract the best candidates. That isn't a personal insult to you in any way. No point in saying anything to your boss, it won't serve any purpose.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Let it go !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.