What should I do about being talked over and interrupted?

Lately I've been having issues with some friends. It's been going on for some time but lately I'm at the point where I don't know what to do or how to handle it. But it extremely bothers me to where I'm at the point if I don't know if I should cut friendships. Here's the situation:... show more Lately I've been having issues with some friends. It's been going on for some time but lately I'm at the point where I don't know what to do or how to handle it. But it extremely bothers me to where I'm at the point if I don't know if I should cut friendships.

Here's the situation: I'll call them friend 1, 2 and 3:

There are three I hang with occasionally. When friend one is around, I always have the tendency to be talked over and interrupted.

An example a few nights ago. I literally tried to start a conversation and then friend 1 always raises his voice really loud and cuts me out. And then friend 2 generally starts doing the same thing . Friend 3 rarely does it to me but has a tendency to maintain a conversation with the other two and leave me out. The only time I can get a conversation in is if friend 1 isn't around. When they're all together, I sit there and cant say anything and when I try, I'm talked over by raised voices.

I can't tell if it's done on purpose or they dont realize it. But I'm leaning on the former. Friend 1 thinks he's the alpha of the group (and I can guarantee you he's not) he always tries to dominate the conversation and plans of the group.

The thing is, I've tried doing the whole "keep talking over them and dont give up until they stop" and it doesnt work at all. And what makes me really mad is I'm an intelligent person.
Update: The thing is, I'm the only one in the group too whos doing something with my life. I have a college degree, the most intelligent of the group, and advancing in my career. All of them have no goals, they are in a sense "peter pans" and always talk about immature stuff. So sometimes I think thats the... show more The thing is, I'm the only one in the group too whos doing something with my life. I have a college degree, the most intelligent of the group, and advancing in my career. All of them have no goals, they are in a sense "peter pans" and always talk about immature stuff. So sometimes I think thats the reason why as well. And maybe it's time to just cut friendships because I dont fit in. What do you think?