Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

What does I Corinthians 15:29 mean in comparison to Romans 6:3-4?

Update:

SCRIPTURE (((WITNESSES))) SCRIPTURE! YOU (((MUST))) BE "RESURRECTED" FROM YOUR "DEAD SPIRIT" (ROMANS 5:12) "BY WHICH ALSO YE ARE (((SAVED)))..." (I CORINTHIANS 15:2) (V17) "AND IF CHRIST BE NOT RAISED, YOUR FAITH IS VAIN; YE ARE (((YET))) IN YOUR SINS."

Update 2:

YOU CANT (((CHANGE))) THE WORD OF GOD! YOU CAN DENY IT, BUT YOU'RE A LYING HYPOCRITE WHO IS (((THE ANTICHRIST)))!!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

The same thing that it means in comparison to anything else

or alone, without comparison.

It means what it means.

The meaning does not change every time you decide to compare it with something else.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

1 Cor. 15:29 teaches us two things. The early Christians believed in a physical, tangible, and immortal resurrection. It also teaches us that they performed vicarious baptisms on behalf of the dead. You might be surprised how many churches lie about this verse, pretending that they baptized converts to replace the dead -- but then how does that benefit the dead? There's a definite lack of logic there.

Rom. 6:3-5 Teaches us that baptism must be by immersion, in symbolism of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. If the dead rise not at all, then of all men are we the most miserable.

Christ resurrected himself, all right. There is no conflict between the two scriptures.

• ...Show all comments
    • 1 year agoReport

If you don't believe your "DEAD spirit" needs to be "restored to life" or "RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD" and GOD SAID "By which ALSO ye are SAVED..." (I Cor 15:2) GUESS WHAT? YOU ARE (((NOT))) "SAVED!"

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

“Granny Norine” (I hope you will excuse my error of addressing you as "Anonymous"), here are some points mature Christian believers are careful to consider when reading 1st Corinthians 15: 29, King James Version (KJV): 29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

1. Bearing children for the dead and the duty of Levirate marriage (a brother marries the widowed sister-in-law, and impregnates her to provide an heir to the deceased) was used as a device to maintain and stabilize the economy of Israel as a covenant nation. The transformation for the 12 nomadic tribes of Jacob required divine allotments and patterns for inheritance that were to be preserved forever. Conflicts, disputes and tribal warfare over the ownership of the land would be eliminated.

2. The family name of a man who died childless and without an heir would cease to appear in the records and roles of Israel. Having no heir he would be the last to receive the blessing of GOD granted to his ancestor; and the entire line would be “cut off” from their people.

3. Water baptism makes visible more than a divine, unseen removal and washing away of ones sins. There is the death, burial, and resurrection from the dead for ones inborn spirit. Thus, baptism for the dead is a form of rebirth that provides a family name and reputation with a new life.

The following points are helpful when reading Romans 6: 3-4, KJV: 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

1. Just as the birth of Jesus Christ was a sacred event (we say, miracle), the rebirth and transformation of a sinner to exist as a companion to divinity, an offspring of GOD, and a joint heir with the Lord is also a sacred event. In the Incarnation of Jesus Christ, the savior is conceived through the Holy Spirit within the body of a virgin, and thereby joined to mankind. Similarly, spirit content from the makeup of GOD and Christ is imparted to live within the sinner, who is thereby joined to Christ.

2. Rather than being joined to Christ through an act of reproduction or his birth, the sinner who is released from sin through death is joined to Christ by his―not their own―resurrection.

There is far more that should be said, correctly examined, and spiritually apprehended. (For example, 3. Through baptism sinners receive divine seed (e.g., faith, holiness, longsuffering, lovingkindness, wisdom) from the makeup of GOD, are “born again,” and must “grow up again” becoming mature/ripe for harvest at the Advent of Jesus (the Second Coming). As “developing believers” these followers of Christ receive a new name (reputation), and are his “new creation.”) Even so, I trust this fragment will be useful. Be it unto you according to your faith.

THE BLACK PHOENIX

Washington, DC

Attachment image
    Source(s): Years of prayer, study of the holy writings, and life experience. For more, use the links, here, to some of my other answers.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.