I was assaulted for no reason, I called 911 right away and they did nothing. (NYC)?

I am a 17 year old boy, I was buying something from a grocery store when a man next to me from my country asks, hey are you from georgia in an angry tone and I said yes, why do you ask when the next second he starts calling me terrible things cursing, spitting in my face and I tell him to stop and back off outside... show more I am a 17 year old boy, I was buying something from a grocery store when a man next to me from my country asks, hey are you from georgia in an angry tone and I said yes, why do you ask when the next second he starts calling me terrible things cursing, spitting in my face and I tell him to stop and back off outside the store, when the next second he starts punching my in my face, twisting my elbow, my friend was also there and he helped out, we ran away. (I live in the territory where it happened) there were people but they did nothing. I moved into a spot where he couldn’t see me and called 911, after 10 minutes they et there and ambulance checks my arm I had a bruise nothing on my face. The cops question me and I tell them what happened, I describe the person and tell them the cameras were in the store also my friend was a witness, they said they’d take a look but they think he’s gone. THEY LITERALLY DID NOTHING. I was literally assaulted for no reason verbally and physically. What am i supposed to do now being a 17 yesr old scared to go outside because of some crazy 30 year old man.