Can I fast for longer periods of time? Or is that no longer a viable option?

I had my gallbladder removed about half a year ago. before that surgery I live an intermittent fasting life style, after the healing process was over I did not return to fasting because I caved and gave in to stress eating; basically life hit hard and I lost most of my self control. Now I am feeling better about... show more I had my gallbladder removed about half a year ago. before that surgery I live an intermittent fasting life style, after the healing process was over I did not return to fasting because I caved and gave in to stress eating; basically life hit hard and I lost most of my self control.

Now I am feeling better about life and want to return to fasting because I felt amazing when doing so; however, I have been fasting intermittently again for about a week and it feels fine in most aspects. it s too early for that "I feel amazing" to return fully, and i m readjusting to the initial hunger pains. The problem/concern is mostly bowels. I am experiencing an increased amount of diarrhea this time. i m assuming it s mostly bile because without the gallbladder to store it, there is nothing containing the bile to use later on.

So I guess my question is, will body adjust to fasting for 36 to 72 hour periods and stop the diarrhea or is that too foolish of an expectation given the absence of the gallbladder?