Why do Death Penalty people struggle so much to develop pain-free methods of killing?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

cause they would feel guilty if they put thenn thru a lot of pain

• Clive
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Useless as ever.

• Login to reply the answers
  • james
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

They already know. Beheading is the least painful way to go. A few years back there was a change in law. By the courts in America. Beheading, hanging, such was not used. Because the guilitine or ax could miss or hang up. Or the rope not snap the neck & kill. In that case you were allowed to walk free. But the courts changed that when more than one dose of lethal injection failed. In other word in the old days. You only got one chance to execute them to death. Miss your chance. They walked away.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Goodness knows, when it's not hard to do. I can think of a few... the best way is to target the neck as that will be guaranteed to be very quick.

A bullet in the back of the neck would do it, but no doubt the USA doesn't want to use the same method as China. Hanging will do the job if it's done properly, but the USA has a record of being incapable of doing it right so the country collectively doesn't like it. (What you need is to calculate the right length of drop according to the prisoner's weight, and that will cause death from a broken neck.)

And when vets can reliably give dogs a lethal injection, it shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to be able to do the same to people, but no...

a) states insist on messing around with mixtures of drugs when just one will work

b) many murderers are injecting drug abusers so the technicians struggle to find a vein to inject into

c) the medical profession won't have anything to do with killing people so "execution technicians" do it and they often make mistakes, like inserting the catheter into a muscle instead of a vein, which as anyone who's had an intramuscular injection knows HURTS.

Pain-free methods ARE available but the USA just won't choose them.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

Pancronium bromide with KCl can take 45 minutes. I am a second hand witness to it. And, they Felt Pain that 45 minutes. Gasped 45 times. Horrible way to die, even for a child rapist/murderer.

• 1 year ago

who ever said I want it to be pain free.? I hope it hurts plenty.

bring back ol' sparky, and skip the sponge bath.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

Utah gives option of firing squad. Even then, the hydraulic shock of blood rushing to brain and bursting capillaries does not always cause brain to die instantly. Can live w/o oxygen 4 minutes Indians (Hindus) used to crush head beneath an elephant's hoof.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

I don't. A .45 to the base of the skull is fine with me. Oddly enough it is one of the least painful means of execution, because death occurs faster than the perception of pain.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

they should be hung

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

When they read 'cruel and unusual' punishment all they read is 'cruel.'

The 'usual' ways work just fine, (hanging, firing squad, etc...). Death for a criminal isn't supposed to be 'painless' only quick, 100% efficient and VERY public.

These absurd medical 'put down the dog' procedures that sometimes even fail, (causing incredible pain and horror), are exactly what our founders meant by 'unusual.' When they fail, they are also unmistakably 'cruel' as well.

Our founders hung convicted civilian murderers on the day after they were convicted by a jury of their peers, unless that day fell on a Sunday. Then it was done at the stroke of midnight on Monday. Military criminals convicted of capital murder by tribunal were shot by a firing squad according to the same schedule. This is the model they left us and their conscience was just fine with it. So is mine.

• 1 year ago

Because it can be hard on the people witnessing or conducting the executions. Many people who sentenced to execution might not deserve a peaceful death given what they have done, but it makes no sense to victimize the guards or the witnesses just for a few minutes revenge.

• 1 year ago

The Eighth Amendment. The Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution states: “Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.” ... The Cruel and Unusual Punishments Clause is the most important and controversial part of the Eighth Amendment. It prohibits burning at the stake, being drawn and quartered, crucifixion, torture, and much more heinous forms of death.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Addicts found the way before written history.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.