Why are so many actors, and people from other countries commenting and having opinions on US Politics?

I have never understood why people from other countries, who know little about the culture or politics of the United States (or any country for that matter) commenting on societal issues or policy of the United States. I went to Scotland about five years ago, and was talking to some people there, and they were... show more I have never understood why people from other countries, who know little about the culture or politics of the United States (or any country for that matter) commenting on societal issues or policy of the United States. I went to Scotland about five years ago, and was talking to some people there, and they were asking me questions about the United States and making comments on its policy and society. My response to them was, "Why are you making comments on things that you know nothing about. I at least have the humility to admit my ignorance. I will not comment about your country's politics or culture when I know very little to nothing about it." They told me that they read about it in the news all the time, and news about the US shows up more about news about their own country. I realise that the US is the "leading country for the free world", but I still don't get it. Reading news about a country does not educate you about a country's people, and neither does a formal education, I grew up in a very rural, isolated small town in the US, and when I tell people I am from a certain region or state,and 99 percent of the time, they are wrong about what they think about it. Don't get me wrong, inquiring about a place's culture from someone who lives there is fine, because it seeks to enhance your knowledge, but I don't understand people from other countries, provinces, or states, making comments about other ones with little to no knowledge.
Update: An example of what those Scottish people were telling me about was United States "Gun Culture". They only see it from the lens of the news and mass shootings, but there is way more to it than that. As I mentioned, I grew up in a very rural, isolated town in the US, and gun culture was strong here, people... show more An example of what those Scottish people were telling me about was United States "Gun Culture". They only see it from the lens of the news and mass shootings, but there is way more to it than that. As I mentioned, I grew up in a very rural, isolated town in the US, and gun culture was strong here, people cherished and respected guns here, and there was virtually no violent crime in this town of 900 people, so my experience with United States gun culture is different than what the news portrays.
Update 2: And it is different even from that of the inner cities. I do not pretend to know what the gun culture is like in the inner cities, I just know it is different. There is more to US gun culture than what people in cities think and what the news, hollywood, etc. portrays.