Boyfriend won't eat fruit or vegetables?

My boyfriend is 20 and will not eat any fruit or veg, including things like most beans/pulses, avocados, sweet potatoes, and sweetcorn. I include these specifically because people have previously recommended these as "tasty" veg that may change his mind. Cooked, raw, roasted with a ton of BBQ seasoning,... show more My boyfriend is 20 and will not eat any fruit or veg, including things like most beans/pulses, avocados, sweet potatoes, and sweetcorn. I include these specifically because people have previously recommended these as "tasty" veg that may change his mind.

Cooked, raw, roasted with a ton of BBQ seasoning, fried - he will not eat any. He is sometimes okay with things like onion but most often will pick them out too.

His mum swears he used to eat them when he was a kid, and started refusing them in his early teens.

I think it now is just a point of principle and he refuses to listen to any logic or reason. He has admitted that it´s due in part to stubbornness on his part because people always make a point of it.

I understand some people just do not like certain things, that's fine. But it´s literally everything fruit or veg-related, even things that are fruit-flavoured. All he eats is meat, carbs, and generally really unhealthy processed/fast food whenever he can.

I really am getting irritated with this. It´s awkward when we go out or if people cook for us, and he picks out every microscopic bit of vegetable.

I also worry about his health, because certain medical conditions run in his family and overall he should really look after his health better. I have bought some vitamin C supplements which he takes every day, but I really don't think it´s enough.

He is great in every other way and this is the only real "immature" habit he has. Does anyone have any suggestions?