Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

Christians; Why do you believe that a god exist?

After answering this question check back later. If you answer seriously- and perhaps uniquely if I get duplicate answers- then I will respond to you by updating the question.

Update:

Christian Sinner:

Funny you say that. I ask this question weekly with positive results. Anyway. I hope you know that the bible was written by man- not god- and that any citing from it is null in my eyes as evidence. Also, "Bisexual Christian,"

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

Update 2:

2Followhim:

This is the longest answer I've ever received in that I could not tell if you were legitimately for god or not. Maybe English isn't your first... or second... seventh... Whatever.

Evolution seems less logical to you then god just perfectly, completely, and accurately creating the first modern humans: Adam and Eve out of dust? No, "Wow, god created Adam and the universe out of nothing! Hm, but I wonder why he just used Adam's rib to make Eve and not more nothing."

Okay.

Update 3:

2Followhim(2): You updated your answer, so i'll update mine as well. Please, get some help. Your nonsensical ramblings sound like you are in some dire need of a straitjacket.

Update 4:

Snowbird:

Oh, I desperately wish that these updates had more characters. Your existence as a whole means nothing to me. I do not care about you. Likewise, I do not care how you feel about me. My purpose on here is to gather information- Any information as to who I am personally is of no importance or relevance to that subject. These other "Anonymous folk" you speak of are all likely me. And in none of my other post have I forced you to tell me anything. You're fed up with answering? Then don't.

Update 5:

Tristen:

It is interesting that you went backwards down the trail of intellect; Starting Secular and moving yourself back 200 years. Thank goodness though that YOU of all people found the answer though. You didn't explain how or why in your answer, essentially only talking about your study of stuff and things. So, if you would update your answer and share with us your research, I would be more than happy to tear you a new one.

Update 6:

Honestly:

Every time someone gives me the mumbo jumbo of "dude, I, like, sat there. And it came to me, man. He whispered and I heard it. God, man. Dude." You sound like lunatics in need of medication.

"How does the group of equal cells decide which ones and how many will become which?" How? I wonder. It's not like scientist have tested and found how this happens and detailed reports of it. DNA, RNA, what? That would be absolutely ridiculous.

Indoctrination: 1

Logic and Reason: 0

Checkmate.

Update 7:

Annsan_In_Him:

"Written record of god's..." I presume you mean the bible. A book not written by god but by a group of horny old men. Null as evidence.

"We look at the son of god" I presume you mean Jesus. Who was the son of god- but also god himself- but it wasn't god. And he came and died for our sins. Except he didn't because he came back to life ruining the sacrifice. And he didn't get us out of any mess, he dipped and left ZERO record. Even if "Jesus" the man existed, he wasn't sent by god.

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

There is something rather than nothing (contingency argument), the universe had a beginning (cosmological argument), design is here (teleological argument), beauty is here (aesthetical argument), morality is here (moral argument), the widespread belief in deity is here (intuitional argument), etc.—what is their adequate preceding cause? Many people believe these point to God.

I would look up those arguments and watch some of the debates with Dr. William Lane Craig, Dr. John Lennox, and Dr. Stephen Meyer.

If you want something quick and easy to get you going, I would watch these short videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3gdeV4Rk9E...

===========

The problem is, no bit of evidence (no argument or scientific discovery) is going to make most atheists change their minds. There are so many people who simply believe what they want to believe and many of them don’t want there to be a God. You see, if God created us, then He also owns us. If He owns us, then He has a right to set the rules by which we must live. If He has set the rules by which we must live, then we are accountable to Him. They don’t want to be accountable to God—they don’t want to be controlled. Therefore, it is their desire to explain the origin of everything without a Creator at all costs.

And so, atheists have their just-so stories and hold on to their faith that “science” will eventually provide them with a way around the God conclusion. Things like the origin of the universe, the origin of life, the origin of genetic information, the origin of language and consciousness and morality, etc. just cause them to shrug and say we'll figure it out some day (without God, of course). Well, good luck to them, but I obviously think they are foolish (Psalm 14:1).

As it’s been noted, if the Creator had said, “OK, I’m outta here; you guys do what you want,” no one would have a problem with Intelligent Design.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

Here is something to think about. There is ample evidence that proves God (Psalms 83:18) exist. Just take a look at the many marvelous creations. You know when you get in your car and drive to work; everyone on this planet readily accepts that your car was manufactured by a company. If you told your co-workers that you seriously believe that your car was the result of an evolutionary process that took billions of years, how would they view you? Cars are simple in comparison to the wonders of a human eye, or the brain. Scientists are still learning about the complexity of the human DNA. So really how could all these complex system found in the body, that also work in unison come into existence? When a brain surgeon starts brain surgery, he always knows where the brain is. He doesn’t have to look for it in the feet or in the rib cage. The body and its organs are organized, which that in itself credits a Creator.

For more bible answers on various topics I’ve found www.jw.org to be very informative.

• 1 year ago

Our Awesome Universe of course! Indeed, the universe is so precisely organized that man can use the heavenly bodies as the basis for his timekeeping. But any well-designed timepiece obviously is the product of an orderly mind that has the ability to design. An orderly mind that designs can be possessed only by an intelligent person; Jehovah God.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Because God liberated me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Otto
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

People worship many things. But the Bible tells us that there is only one TRUE God. The creator of all.

His name is Jehovah. -Exodus 3:15.

Source(s): Bible
  • 1 year ago

existe un Dios yavet, jehova porque asi como el aire no lo vemos pero lo sentimos por medio de su espiritu santo y un dialo tambien existe te preguntale a los satanicos.

• ...Show all comments
    • Cris
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

Pero podemos detectar aire, tiene calidades existentes y medibiles , dios no se puede. En lo del diablo, otra vez, no tiene calidades medibles en realidad. Sentidos personales no se puede usar como evidencia.

• the truth is the truth. why would i try to explain it to someone who is only trying to feed is sad little ego?

• 1 year ago

You, my friend, have you decided to be the judge in the court of popular approval? I could not be bothered. Ciao.

• 1 year ago

I have already answered this question of someone called Anonymous. How many are there of you Anonymous folks out there. Just lately everyone seems to be asking questions anonymously. What's wrong, can't you let it be known who you are.? What are you ashamed of? I am getting fed up answering questions for people who don't exist with a name

• 1 year ago

Christians do not believe "that a god exists". They believe that the one God who created this universe exists.

We look at this amazing universe and see the work of God. We look at this amazing planet that "just so happens" to support myriad life-forms gloriously and generously, and see the work of God. We look at the written record of God's dealings with humanity over the centuries and we learn about our Creator's involvement with us. We look at the Son of God, whom God sent to Earth to get us out of the mess we've made of life, and see God reflected in Him.

You may look at all three of those evidences and not see God in any of those things. That's your problem: a problem of impaired vision that is blinkered by presuppositions about there not being a Creator God. As n old Italian proverb states, "He who leaves God out of his reckoning does not know how to count."

• ...Show all comments
    • Cris
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

If believing God doesn't exist is sufficient to make him not exist, then he mustn't be very real.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.