How difficult would it be to get into modeling? How to get started?

I am 16 and have a typical model physique (5'10 with 34-24-34 measurements). People have told me that I should try modeling but I dunno much about it. I am interested in the idea though and would like to know more.
Update: wow.. I didn't know I'd get so many answers but ty! I realize it is a tough industry and and am not thinking about it very seriously, rather I'm thinking of it as a job to do with school (maybe college). Is this plausible, or is modeling truly a full time thing? Are agencies requires? And also, I... show more wow.. I didn't know I'd get so many answers but ty! I realize it is a tough industry and and am not thinking about it very seriously, rather I'm thinking of it as a job to do with school (maybe college). Is this plausible, or is modeling truly a full time thing? Are agencies requires? And also, I know about scammers lmao, it's one of the first things that comes up when u research modeling and as a 16 yr old, I don't have money to spend.