Why is my light flickering?

We have changed our light switches for dimmers, and they now have LED bulbs but they flicker. This is a sort of slight flicker between brightnesses, not a strobe effect. You don't really see a visible difference in the brightness of the room, but it's a bit like having distant lighting that you see out... show more We have changed our light switches for dimmers, and they now have LED bulbs but they flicker. This is a sort of slight flicker between brightnesses, not a strobe effect.

You don't really see a visible difference in the brightness of the room, but it's a bit like having distant lighting that you see out the corner of your eye.

Any ideas what the problem could be? Is it the dimmer switch, the light fitting, the bulb? Or is there more to this that I don't know about?

Thanks in advance.
Update: Thanks for all answers.

Having looked at the bulbs, they do say that they are OK for dimming. So making me wonder if it is the dimmer (bought from Homebase or something, mid-range) or something else I am missing?