18 yr old going to America?

I am an 18 yr old girl from the UK and I have booked my flights to go to the USA next month to visit my boyfriend who is at college there and am wondering if there is anything more i need to arrange or take with me as my parents have given me doubts about if i will be let into the country (my parents are not fans... show more I am an 18 yr old girl from the UK and I have booked my flights to go to the USA next month to visit my boyfriend who is at college there and am wondering if there is anything more i need to arrange or take with me as my
parents have given me doubts about if i will be let into the country (my parents are not fans of our long distance)

I am visiting my boyfriend who is on a student visa studying at college in the USA and i have rented out an air bnb for the 10 days I am there. I applied for an ESTA, which got approved last month and I also have got and paid for my travel insurance. Although i’m not staying at my boyfriends college, he has let the college know that I will be visiting him a lot so I have been registered into the system for the time I am there

But my parents are saying that as I am young and am visiting a person who is not from the USA and is there on a student visa, I will be turned away at the airport and not allowed in the country? I haven’t seen this being an issue anywhere but maybe am being naive? I haven’t been to the United States before and am aware the immigration process will be a thorough one to make sure i’m not intending on staying longer than my 10 days but would visiting a partner who is on a student visa really get me sent back to the UK? I am also wondering how much money I will need to have in my account to declare for the 10 days i am there (as you need to prove you can provide for yourself whilst you are there)

Thank you!!