Why is online poker such a joke?

I decided to have a go at online poker tonight, so I signed up. And seriously, I have never seen so many straits and flashes in my life! I played live tournament poker at my local club, and I would be lucky to see one flush in a hundred or so hands. But on this site, every time I made a hand, my opponent made a... show more I decided to have a go at online poker tonight, so I signed up. And seriously, I have never seen so many straits and flashes in my life!

I played live tournament poker at my local club, and I would be lucky to see one flush in a hundred or so hands.

But on this site, every time I made a hand, my opponent made a flush or a straight. I must have lost five pots with two pair while my opponent getting a straight, and three or four pots with an over pair.

And on one hand, I played AA, and I hit a set on the turn, but it just so happened that my opponent also hit a straight. Then we got our stacks in, and I hit a Full House on the river! lol

I swear, you take the most epic and unbelievable hands at WSOP...you will get 5-6 hands like this in just 100 hands.

I'm a pretty decent player, I play a tight strategy, and I am mildly profitable when I play tournaments. (I only play for fun.) But online poker is a joke! I'm going to stick with live poker, where people don't get a straight or a flush every second or third hand.