How to stop nail biting from stress and anxiety?

I have this bad habit ever since I was 8, but I used to do that because I only thought it was "fun". When I turned 11, I started biting my nails because of the anxiety I felt while changing school. Now I'm 16 and this bad habit has only become worse. It never got to the point of bleeding, but I... show more I have this bad habit ever since I was 8, but I used to do that because I only thought it was "fun". When I turned 11, I started biting my nails because of the anxiety I felt while changing school. Now I'm 16 and this bad habit has only become worse. It never got to the point of bleeding, but I couldn't even hold a pencil without my fingertips hurting like hell.
I try to remind myself that it isn't worth it, but now it's not even something I can control.
I hate how ugly my hands look and I'm ashamed of showing my hands to others, especially my friends which all have beautiful nails and stuff.
I'm desperate for any kind of advice, I just want this to stop.