Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Christians what are your thoughts about meditation? Is that a sin?

Favorite Answer

As long as we meditate upon God and his word in our hearts, we are good to go.

Psa 1:2 His delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Other forms like Yoga are unacceptable for Christians

Read this article

What is Christian meditation?

Psalm 19:14 states, “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.” What, then, is Christian meditation, and how should Christians meditate? Unfortunately, the word “meditation” can carry the connotation of something mystical. For some, meditation is clearing the mind while sitting in an unusual position. For others, meditation is communing with the spirit world around us. Concepts such as these most definitely do not characterize Christian meditation.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-meditation....

It's fine as long as you don't invite spirits into you. I feel nervous about identifying with the Wrathful Meditational Deity, for example. But most meditation is harmless. I have used meditation exercises to ameliorate fatigue, cure insomnia, and reduce headaches.

If you let go of your thinking process then Satan can enter in .

• Old-un

Thinking deeply upon God's word, examining it so as to understand its meaning and application is what meditation is and isn't emptying ones mind; quite different to what some believe the act of meditation is where many [not all] sit quietly and inactive.

Thinking upon the word of God so as to know him and draw close to him and learn from the Scriptures is something we are told to do,Ps1:1,2, result, Ps 119:99 ''I have more insight than all my teachers, Because I ponder over [or study ftn] over your reminders,'' NWT; ''I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.'' KJV

Meditating on God's word day and night is perfect.

Meditation in solitary with the Lord is good, Jesus did that too.

But meditation with nothing is meaningless. Life without God is sin. Clearing all thoughts and allowing new thoughts run wild is definitely sin.

• sats

Jesus tells us we should mediate. Matthew 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites. are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and. in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.

• ?

Not for me. I meditate on God's word, and have found it very revealing and beneficial.

Psalm 48:9 Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.

Source(s): bisexual Christian

Meditating on God isn't a sin.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • 2 years agoReport

Okay! And sometimes I want to meditate to clear and relax my mind. My question is if that is a sin? If it is a sin, can you please explain why?

I've seen numerous Christians on this website say that meditation is an invitation to Satan.

Not much you can say to a statement like that.

Meditation is a great way to relax.

Meditation is a sin for Christians (and everyone). And that is not just my thoughts. It is a fact because meditation comes from false religion and is demonic and will bring demons to you. So avoid it.

Jesus is God! Jesus loves you! Death leads to immediate heaven or hell, and it is too late to be saved, after death. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus. The truth is that believing in Jesus to take you to heaven apart from any of your works, is the only way to heaven. Jesus paid it all, so believe in Jesus, and you're saved. There is no chance to be saved after death. Jesus Christ is God, Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins, all sins past and future, to make all our sins forgiven, past and future, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works or deeds or religions or anything. You cannot add any works to salvation (Romans 4:5). So to be in heaven and not in eternal torment in the lake of fire, believe in Jesus Christ to take you to heaven. That easy! Tell Jesus right now that you believe in Jesus for eternal life, and you will be in heaven! Jesus loves you and wants to bless you now and throughout your life and forever!...

• 2 years agoReport

How can you say that meditation is a sin when it is proven that meditation can help you relax and feel better?