What are some good books and websites for first time and beginning campers?

I am 24 and want to pick up a new hobby and I would love to try camping. I would like to do backpack and tent camping, so no RV's or cars involved. I also live in Illinois but would be willing to travel to other states to camp if necessary. I also plan to go solo camping. Any recommendations for websites or... show more I am 24 and want to pick up a new hobby and I would love to try camping. I would like to do backpack and tent camping, so no RV's or cars involved. I also live in Illinois but would be willing to travel to other states to camp if necessary. I also plan to go solo camping.

Any recommendations for websites or books or videos that can help first time campers with picking out all of the essential necessities of equipments, help with planning a trip, and how to properly set up a campsite?