My Dell computer has a virus or something...?

My Dell computer has a virus or something and its caught in a reboot loop so I cant do anything with it, but I have the factory disc.

I recall that you have to repeatedly push a certain button after turning it on to get to "safe mode" and there, if I remember correctly, I should be able to use my disc to restore it to its defaults.

Unfortunately I can't remember what button it is I'm supposed to be pushing to do that.

Anybody know what I'm talking about and which button I want?

Thank you!

Favorite Answer

To access Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the F8 key on your keyboard as soon as you power on the system. Then you can choose Safe Mode.

However, to use your recovery DVD, you don't use Safe Mode. You'll need to boot off of it. I'm not super familiar with Dell computers, but I believe that F12 on power on will take you to the boot menu. You then choose your optical drive to boot from.

Thank you for responding, unfortunately what I have seems to be even more complicated than I thought:

0xc000021a