Nini
Nini asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 year ago

What's the best way to cook a spaghetti squash?

• Laurie
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

We use the microwave.

The hard part is cutting it in half first. Be VERY careful; cutting it is difficult, and therefore it is dangerous.

Put in a microwave-safe dish cut side down, and add about an inch of water. Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Microwave on full power. The time will depend on the size of the squash, and on how many halves you are cooking at the same time. I'd check it every minute or two, beginning at about 8-10 minutes...

Microwave until tender when stuck with a fork. BE CAREFUL when you remove the plastic wrap to test; steam will escape!

When cooking is complete, use a large spoon to scoop out the seeds and discard, just like when you remove seeds from a pumpkin to make a jack-o-lantern...

Then, use a fork to gently separate the spaghetti squash into strands, pulling from the outside toward the middle.

Put in serving dish. If serving plain, season, then top with a few pats of butter

• 1 year ago

steam

• IvaB
    1 year ago

prep it and roast it imo.

• Cammie
    1 year ago

Poke holes in it and microwave till tender.Then cut it in half.

You can then either cook it downside over a shallow amount of water or bake for a while.

I add Fall seasonings to it. Cinnamon, butter ,nutmeg and some salt.It tastes great.

• 1 year ago

cook it and give it to someone you don't like...those are vile.

• Nini
      1 year agoReport

Lol.

• Mark
    1 year ago

I cut in half, scoop out the seeds, drizzle inside with olive oil and salt & pepper. Roast about 45 min at 375.

No matter the method, here are some tips:

1. I cut off the stem end first which makes slicing in half easier. Use a large sharp chef's knife.

2. I have insulated oven gloves that I use to hold them when I scoop them out after baking as they are very hot.

• 1 year ago

Cut in half and Scoop the seeds out then bake it face down in either vegetable stock or water with some seasonings. Then gently scoop out the inside and serve with some butter or pasta sauce or whatever