I have 2 Skar Audio EVL-15 D4 15" Competition Car Subwoofer wired to be 2 ohm each or 4 ohm bridged my amp I have now overheats if I bridge?

RMS Power: 1,250 Watts

Peak Power: 2,500 Watts

Voice Coil Size: 3"

4 Layer Black Aluminum CCAW Voice Coil

Motor Weight: 166 oz

Frequency Response: 36-400 Hz

High Roll Foam Surround

Sensitivity: 86.1 dB

Fs: 36 Hz

Re: 3.8 Ohms

Qms: 6.09

Qes: 0.91

Qts: 0.79

Mms: 324.5 g

Cms: 0.059 mm/N

Bl: 13.8 n/a

Vas: 41.4 L

Sd: 779.3 cm^2

Xmax: 24mm (one-way)

• David
    1 year ago

Stay away from bridges or any railroad crossings, you should be okay. Thanks for listening.

• 1 year ago

Find an amp that is stable at the impedance of your speaker system. Also the amp does not have to run at the limit of the speaker's power rating. Finally, insure that your car has enough power to run your amp and speakers and the power wiring is heavy enough to support the load.

We can't guess how much power your car makes to run a stereo, but you gave us all the info needed to build speaker cabinets for the speakers you have. You might be able to rewire your speakers to higher impedance and not overheat the amp you have.

• 1 year ago

1) you sound very rude

2) if I knew what I was talking about do you think I would have asked question on here

3) im looking for a good amp for it so really all you need is the speaker info I’m getting a new amp but don’t know which one to get as is my question in general what kind of amp should I i get

1 year ago

a) Most of the info you have provided is irrelevant. Just tell us the brand and model

number of your amp so we can check the specs and tell you what the issue is.

b) Your terminology is incorrect. You do not "bridge" speakers, you bridge the channels of a multi-channel amplifier, if the amp supports bridging. What you do with speakers and voice coils is wire them in parallel or series configuration.

c) My guess is that you've wired the subs in parallel for a 1 ohm total load, which your amp cannot handle. Try wiring the voice coils in series for 8 ohms, and then connect the subs in parallel for 4 ohm total impedance. .