Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Is BRAT Kavanaugh qualified to serve as Supreme Court justice given his bad attitude in his last hearing?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, he was not qualified due to his lying.

Brett Kavanaugh misled the Senate under oath. he minimized and even denied his involvement in Bush-era controversies.

Take his relationship with the ringleader of the “Memogate” scandal. Between 2001 and 2003, two Republican staffers regularly gained unauthorized access to the private computer files of six Democratic senators, including mine, taking 4,670 files on controversial judicial nominees.

Kavanaugh was asked more than 100 times about this scandal in 2004 and 2006. He testified repeatedly that he knew nothing about the source of the information; that he received nothing that even appeared to be prepared by Democratic staff; and that he never suspected anything unusual, or “untoward.”

Emails show that then-Republican Senate Judiciary Committee counsel Manuel Miranda regularly shared obviously ill-gotten, inside information with Kavanaugh.

In 2004, Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) asked about Kavanaugh’s role in vetting U.S Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit nominee William Pryor. Pryor had called Roe v. Wade a constitutional “abomination” and argued that a right to same-sex intimacy would “logically extend” to “necrophilia, bestiality, and pedophilia.”

Kavanaugh distanced himself from Pryor. He denied any part in vetting him, testifying that it was “not one that [he] worked on personally.” Yet emails suggest that Kavanaugh not only recommended Pryor for the seat, he also participated in a working group on the nomination, talked to a reporter about him and appears to have interviewed him.

There are similar concerns that Kavanaugh misled the Senate about his work on other controversial nominations, including William Haynes, who helped develop immoral George W. Bush-era interrogation policies, and Charles Pickering, who reduced the sentence of a man who burned a cross in front of an interracial couple’s house. Kavanaugh might have also misled the Senate by denying any involvement with detainee policies or any knowledge of documents related to a warrant less surveillance program.

Time and again, Kavanaugh appears to have misled the Senate under oath.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/brett-kava...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

I don't know but will give him the benefit of the doubt

• Sally
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Any person who acted like that on a job interview would not be hired, even at McDonald's.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

The Democrat that did not even meet with him are slandering him for political reasons. He should hire hit men and off them all for what they did. I would strangle them personally if it were me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

it's only you pathetic, pantywatse, whiners who think he's not worthy but that matters not..................Judge K WILL be appointed !!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

• 2 years ago

I totally think he did a great job. He has been accused of a terrible crime which really wasn't that awful. She has no proof and no one is saying anything else. Oh he is a drinker oh he lied about how much. He drank you people so what. Oh he wrote weird things in his yearbook are you kidding.What about Ford where are her hard questions she'd fall apart if she was ever questioned at trial.I'd be pissed at a bunch of dishonest senators especially Feinstein questioning my integrity. I know what I'd say and it would not be as nice as what he said. This is all political crap.

• 2 years ago

Kavanaugh started out as something of a milk toast technocrat.

But after the Hell Kavanaugh has been put through by the Dems, his first day on the court will probably go like this:

Kavanaugh enters Clarence Thomas's office.

THOMAS: "Welcome to the Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh."

Thomas then hands him a scotch and they drink together.

KAVANAUGH: "Let's burn this motherf---er to the ground!"

Thomas smiles.

• paul
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

any vote by him now will always have serious doubt

• helene
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Yep.

• Shilo
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

No, and the American Bar Association doesn't think so either.

• 2 years ago

Seems he's more qualified to serve than Feinstein is to keep a letter in confidence.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.