Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

How did Christine Blasey Ford call a friend on a cellphone after the attack in 1982?

Cellphones didn't debut for consumers until 1984. And they were large, unwieldy brick like devices costing around 4 thousand dollars

• Jason
    1 year ago
    Best Answer

She carried her SCR-300 everywhere she went.

• Bort
    1 year ago

While they were large and cumbersome I knew quite a few people who got them for free or very cheap to try them and mobile phones were around since the 1970s. The info you found may be correct for the model you looked up but not for mobile phones in general.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_mobile_ph...

1 year ago

Go figure. She probably thinks that cell phones were around since 1970.

• TomB
    1 year ago

Maxwell Smart lived and worked in the greater DC area, maybe she borrowed his shoe, it debuted in the mid 60's.

• 1 year ago

Wikipedia says the first analogue cellular system widely deployed in North America was commercially introduced in the Americas in 1983, not 1984, so your facts are wrong, but your point may still be valid.

There were earlier mobile phone technologies, but it is not likely that a 15-year-old would have had one.

My guess is that she used a regular phone or a payphone, and doesn't remember the details precisely.

1 year ago

OK, Crissy texted her friends. Happy now?

1 year ago

I know she is a liar but where did you hear her claim that?

1 year ago

She didn't,she is clearly lying for political gain for the dems...and what school/college aged person would have a 4 grand cellphone. Hardly anyone had cellphones,even in the 90's lol

1 year ago

Link to her mention of a cell phone.

Should be REAL EASY to get that link

Should be ALL OVER THE INTERNET

I will wait right here for that EASY LINK

1 year ago

wow !, I hope law enforcement knows this.