How can I get my dad to consider retirement when he’s been unwell?

He has high blood pressure, muscle spasms that last for minutes and absence seizures from all the stress. He’s only 64, quite fit and he has more than enough money to retire. But he tells me he’d rather die behind the wheel of his work truck than retire and he is his work is who he is. He has no friends or... show more He has high blood pressure, muscle spasms that last for minutes and absence seizures from all the stress.

He’s only 64, quite fit and he has more than enough money to retire. But he tells me he’d rather die behind the wheel of his work truck than retire and he is his work is who he is. He has no friends or hobbies and doesn’t want a comfortable retirement. All he’s ever done is work.

The thing is his dad is 98 and still alive and his mother lived to 89 so I feel he may have a lot of time left.

How do I get him to slow down and enjoy life?