Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Is John 15:13 true? "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"?

Wouldn't it require greater love to die for complete strangers, or for your enemies?

If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think John 15:13 is true. I think it is important to define the enemies of God according to God's definition in order to understand what enemies are to him. We might count enemies as those who are against us, or trying to screw us up, but as I see it, God sees enemies as not being chosen; they don't have God's influence to trust him. He deliberately didn't give them the ability to counteract human nature to trust him. So under that definition, God's enemies are not possibly going to be saved.

The current saying, "God loves everybody" is wrong. And I think it is wrong for Christians to interpret scripture to mean he loves e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y.

Ephesians 1

4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
  • 2 years ago

In john 15:13 Jesus there is showing who would benefit off of his sacrifice

and showing what true friends do.

• Archer
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Actually you don't even know the quote.

• 2 years ago

As a father I say, Greater love has no man than this, that he will live his life in kindness, compassion, and guidance for others.

It is sometimes tougher to live your life than to give it away.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Jesus has no greater love than all mortal men, yes. but Jesus also said God is greater than He, and that only God is good. so there are perspectives and perceptions to understanding and learning half an answer needs to prove to learn the other half of the answers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.