R&S - Should schools to be teaching children about the Mayans rather than Christianity in a supposed Christian country? .... thoughts?

Update: The reasons why I am asking? The evidence is that the Mayans were a reasonably intelligent culture who were noted for Maya script, the only known fully developed writing system of the pre-Columbian Americas, as well as for their art, architecture, and mathematical and astronomical systems. However this culture... show more The reasons why I am asking? The evidence is that the Mayans were a reasonably intelligent culture who were noted for Maya script, the only known fully developed writing system of the pre-Columbian Americas, as well as for their art, architecture, and mathematical and astronomical systems. However this culture believed in human sacrifice. The children were asked to draw pictures and the result was one child creating one of the most disturbing pictures I have ever seen done by a child.
Update 2: Those who suggest that teaching Christianity is inappropriate might like to reconsider their stance?
Update 3: Am I the only one who feels that any culture which believed in human sacrifice belongs in the trash can and not the classroom?