What are some remedies for a sore throat that actually work?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

heat boiling water,toss some salt in,let it cool down a tad,breath in the steam through a clean dish towel,,,drink tea too,

gargle with salt water,not uncomfortably hot.

knit a new pair of bunny slippers

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

try drinking hot ginger water with honey and lemon, i was recently feeling sick and that works for me

• 1 year ago

12 oz of nice smooth whisky or bourbon and sip it so it keeps your throat coated for about 30 minutes. If you want you can add a little honey in it for the flavoring..

• 1 year ago

Sore throat can be due to viral , bacterial or inflammatory and it usually subsides on its own after an acute period. Sore throat can get better and even gone by some home remedies such as gargling with lukewarm salt water, taking a spoonful mixture of ginger juice and honey, avoid smoking, bite few Carom seeds, exclude oily food and drink Basil leaves decoction. If the problem persists, a visit to the doctor may be required. Some of the homeopathic remedies such as Hepar sulph, Lachesis, Natrum mur, Belladonna, Argentum nit have a very soothing and quick action in relieving sore throat . These homeopathic medicines are to be used as per homeopathic doctors advice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Try gargling with salt and warm water.. Do not pressure your doctor for antibiotics—let him determine if they are really necessary.

• 1 year ago

Ask your doctor.

• Kate
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Hot lemon and honey.

• 1 year ago

I hate gargling with salt water but it does work!

• 1 year ago

For you: stop smoking. You already know this to be true, so why are you still smoking?

• 1 year ago

A hot toddy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.