Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is Tramatic brain injury considered serious?

I was in a car accident on July 2nd. Previously to that I had a vehicle which no longer runs that I let insurance lap on. I was NOT aware that in the state of Pennsylvania you are required to turn the license plate into the DMV. After the accident I hired an attorney because I had an injury to my head, knee, and back. She informed me that if my injury was not "serious" I could not sue because PA punishes their residents for not turning in their licenses plate and they fall under limited tort until a serious injury is proven which at that point I will be put back under full tort.

So It was discovered that I have something called TBI (Tramatic Brain Injury) and seizures due to the car accident. I have to take medicine for the seizures and the TBI has disrupted my life greatly. My attorney says she is not sure that TBI is enough of an injury to be considered serious. Im thinking how can it not be serious? Its an injury to the brain???

Can someone give me some insight whether TBI would be enough to take me out of the limited tort?

!Best answer will be chosen!

Favorite Answer

Your attorney needs to get an education. TBI is very serious and is a life-changing injury. It affects your whole life going forward and changes the way your brain works.

Talk to a different lawyer.

serious is anything that causes you to be out of work for any period of time.

TBI is VERY serious even life threatening

You become a Democrat.