Does health insurance usually cover the empire cost of Prep (medication that prevents HIV)?

I’m sexually active cuz for some reason the person I have sex with isn’t consistent enough so now I have to branch and have sex with other people to fulfill my need for sex. HIV is no concern to me cuz luckily every guy I have sex with is hiv negative on prep and I’m hiv negative. The only way I would take prep is... show more I’m sexually active cuz for some reason the person I have sex with isn’t consistent enough so now I have to branch and have sex with other people to fulfill my need for sex. HIV is no concern to me cuz luckily every guy I have sex with is hiv negative on prep and I’m hiv negative. The only way I would take prep is if my health insurance covered the full cost of it. If I have to pay even a penny out of pocket I’m not going to get the medication. People keep urging me to take prep but what’s the point if I’m hiv negative and everybody I’m having sex with is hiv negative on prep. People freak out and act like two hiv negative people create hiv. I’m gay btw, but hiv is no concern to me due to there not being any exposure or any chance of exposure. I went to go get tested for the other stis and my insurance didn’t cover it so now I have stop getting tested for stis. I have other things to do with my money, had I known my insurance wasn’t going to cover the full cost of the Sti testing I wouldn’t have gotten tested at all. Speaking of that I’ll have to call and raise all hell on my insurance provider and attack them. But my question is prep gonna be free for me or do I have to pay anything out of pocket? Another thing I feel that hiv takes a really long time to become fatal if left untreated. Cancer and high blood pressure are actually way more serious than hiv, just saying.
1 answer 1